SERVES: 16 squares
- 3.5 tbs grass-fed gelatin powder (I used IQS Gut Lovin’ Gelatin)
- 4 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp natural rosewater essence
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup (optional)
- 4-5 raspberries for colour
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 50g pistachios, chopped.
- Combine gelatin with 1/3 cup cold water and allow to sit for 5 minutes. (This is called the ‘bloom’).
- While gelatin is blooming, combine water, rice malt syrup and heat gently. Once hot, stir in rosewater and berries for flavour.
- Remove from heat and mix in bloomed gelatin.
- Once combined, pour into a 10x10cm dish and set in fridge. After 1 hour, remove from fridge and cut into squares.
- After 1 hours, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil over a mild heat and mix. Mix in half the pistachios. Drizzle over cut gelatin squares. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top and serve!
*What is gelatin?
Gelatin is a great staple to keep in the cupboard. It not only provides much needed amino acids to the body, but also provides a great nutritious boost to turn a tasty dessert into a protein powerhouse! These proteins are beneficial for all the connective tissue in our body, which means it may improve the integrity and quality of our skin, gut, joints, bones and nervous system.