The highlight of this dish, is the sauce. It’s often hard to find Asian-style sauces without lots of hidden ingredients. Our recipe is quick, and simple and when combined with the freshness of the salad is a real crowd pleaser.
TIME: 20 MINS
- 2 salmon fillets
- Spring onion, chopped into 1cm pieces
- Cos lettuce
- Rice noodles (we used vermicelli)
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- 1 sml chilli, chopped finely
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs shredded carrot
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup (optional)
- Water, to thin sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Season salmon with salt and pepper before placing in the oven, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake until salmon is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. When ready, cool and shred into bite size pieces.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare the salad by combining spring onion, cos lettuce, coriander and mint. Prepare vermicelli as per packet instructions.
- Combine salmon and salad ingredients in large bowl.
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in small bowl or jug.
- Serve salad with sauce.*
*You can add sauce individually or mix it through the salad. Either works!