- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla (paste, powder or extract will work)
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Matcha powder*
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Whisk the egg whites, stevia and vanilla in mixing bowl
- Combine the coconut and matcha powder with egg white mixture.
- On a baking sheet, place picture in small balls (rough 1-2 tablespoons). Space evenly across paper.
- Bake the macaroons for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool before serving.
* If you don’t have matcha powder, brew 3-4 matcha tea bags in 1/4 cup water and use in its place. It doesn’t have as strong a flavour, but remains delicious!